REPORTS TO: Director of Procurement
The Procurement Analyst is to assist with all aspects of the procurement process including researching, developing, conducting, and administering procurements for materials, supplies, equipment and contractual services, including professional, technical, design, maintenance, vehicles and construction. In this capacity, the Procurement Analyst will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations along with adhering to all policies and procedures of the company. This is a unique opportunity for a person with experience conducting procurements under Federal Transit Administration guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform a full range of procurement duties involving planning, preparing, issuing, analyzing, project management, contract close-out and administering of complex
solicitations for professional services, technology, capital construction and equipment.
2. Perform duties in compliance with company policies and procedures, applicable state laws, and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) circulars and regulations.
3. Develop and/or assist in the preparation of documents such as Invitation for Bids (IFB), Request for Proposals (RFP), and quotes.
4. Conduct pre-bid meetings and public bid openings.
5. Develop pre-negotiation positions and conduct negotiations.
6. Review vendor bids and proposals, prepare analysis, document all findings, and prepare final justification and recommendation for contract award.
7. Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of Board resolutions and accompanying documents.
8. Prepare and assemble contracts.
9. Communicate and monitor the ongoing procurement process with stakeholder departments.
10. Perform administration of contracts including tracking expiration dates and timelines, amendments, change orders, renewals, extensions, and Board approvals.
11. Coordinate tasks and work cooperatively with other purchasing agents and staff.
12. Manage contract closing process including obtaining appropriate documentation.
13. Help to maintain a vendor database, including seeking new vendors that may benefit company.
14. Assists in maintaining an organized system of physical and electronic records.
15. Complete other departmental work by offering support and assistance in performing various assignments as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or one year of closely related experience can be substituted for each year of education required.
2. 5 years in purchasing role with a minimum 3 years FTA related procurement experience.
3. Knowledge and experience FTA contracting requirements in preparing bid solicitations.
4. Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and a self-starter with ability to work independently and within a team environment.
5. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
6. High attention to detail and organizational skills.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all areas of position.
8. Working knowledge of accounting including accruals and prepaid expenses.
9. Solid ability to understand financial/purchasing documents including price lists, catalogs, invoices, vendor quotes, and requisitions.
10. Solid skills with basic math including calculation of figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
11. Professional appearance and demeanor.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Normal working conditions for this position are typical of an office environment.
1. Capacity to work beyond standard office hours when needed to address critical deadlines.
2. Attend evening and weekend meetings if necessary.
4. Physical requirements for this position include sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard or other office equipment.
5. Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time.
6. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone.
BJCTA is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.