REPORTS TO: Manager of Operations
The Supervisor for Micro Transit Operators plays a critical role in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of on-demand transit vehicles, while also overseeing the performance of Micro Transit Operators to guarantee exceptional passenger experiences. Positions in this job classification are considered safety sensitive and are subject to drug testing, including random drug screens, in accordance with the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Drug and Alcohol regulations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervision and Oversight: Provide direct supervision and guidance to Micro Transit Operators. Monitor daily operations to ensure compliance with traffic laws and BJCTA policies. Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure Micro Transit Operators strictly adhere to all safety protocols and procedures. Conduct periodic safety audits and initiate corrective actions, as necessary.
- Customer Service Excellence: Set and maintain high standards for customer service interactions with passengers. Address customer inquiries, complaints, and feedback in a professional and timely manner.
- Route Optimization: Oversee the utilization of advanced technology for ride requests and route navigation. Analyze data to optimize routes for efficiency and passenger satisfaction.
- Vehicle Maintenance Oversight: Monitor Micro Transit Operators' adherence to regular vehicle inspection schedules. Ensure immediate reporting of any discrepancies or maintenance issues.
- Accident Response and Reporting: Provide guidance and support in the event of accidents, ensuring comprehensive and accurate reporting in line with BJCTA protocols.
- Training and Development: Coordinate and facilitate mandatory training sessions for Micro Transit Operators. Keep the team updated on BJCTA's evolving standards and industry best practices.
- Record Keeping and Documentation: Maintain accurate records of Micro Transit Operators' performance, including attendance, punctuality, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Valid driver's license with a commendable driving record.
- Prior supervisory experience in a similar capacity is preferred.
- Proficiency in customer service principles and effective communication.
- Thorough understanding of vehicle maintenance basics.
- Ability to sustain prolonged periods of sitting.
- Capable of assisting diverse passengers, including those with mobility challenges.
- Availability for variable shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Adaptability to diverse weather conditions.
The required driver's license for this position is a standard non-CDL license. Must have a good driving record with no more than one (1) moving violation within the last twelve (12) months and have no felony convictions on criminal records.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimum age – 21 years.
- Demonstrate acceptable performance in the past twenty-four (24) months.
- No chargeable safety infractions.
- Not more than two (2) tardies.
- Not more that one “at fault” customer service compliant.
- No occurrence attendance letter on file for the twenty-four (24) month criteria.
- Maximum of 12 days absence (extenuating circumstances will be reviewed).
- No warning letters on the employee file.
- No suspensions.
- Current year not more than three (3) unexcused absences occurrences.
- Must participate in Supervisory Management Training within twelve (12) months of newly hired, promoted, or transferred.
- BJCTA is a Drug Free Workplace. Participants in BJCTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program is a condition of employment. Failure to adhere to BJCTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program will result in termination. Every BJCTA employee is responsible for reading and observing the requirements of the Drug & Alcohol Policy. This has been identified as SAFETY SENSITIVE.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
Current and valid driver’s license, including DOT medical card. No more than one (1) moving violation within last 36 months.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Graduation from a two-year college is preferred, but not required. Management or supervisory training desirable, but not required. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience is required as a bus operator. (This minimum requirement may be met if actual driving experience is supplemented by other directly related transit driving experience.)
At least five (5) years experience of driving a non-commercial/ commercial vehicle with restrictions.
EEO – Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /D /V
EEO – Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /D /V
The Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, age, color, religion nation origin, marital status, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
BJCTA is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.